At UMass Medical School there are many opportunities for alumni to give back to the school. One way is by participating in volunteer opportunities that help further the mission of the institution.
The following are some of the many options open to alumni:
- Class Contacts - Assist us with establishing and maintaining communication with classmates.
- Reunion Volunteers - Reunion volunteers are an important part of the reunion planning process. Reunion social volunteers help plan class-specific programs and events, and help classmates reconnect with one another in anticipation of the reunion gathering on campus. Reunion class gift volunteers encourage classmates to make a special contribution in honor of the reunion milestone year to support the mission and students of the medical school.
- Mentoring - Mentors are available to talk with students by phone or e-mail about residency programs, specialties and medical career options.
- International Mentoring - If you participated in the International Medical Education Program during your time at UMMMS, please let us know if you would be willing to speak with a student who will be traveling to the same country.
- Event Host/Participant - Become actively involved in UMMS regional events. Some examples are outreach programs and small private dinners.
We value alumni involvement. Your knowledge and expertise are tremendous assets that can benefit our students. Every alum who participates strengthens the UMass Medical School community. Join the many alumni across the country who are volunteering their talents and building experiences that are meaningful, rewarding and fun.
UMass Medical School is grateful for the time and energy you give toward our mission—to connect and engage UMMS and its alumni.
A quote from a UMMS Alumnus:
"It is from those who gave to UMass Med School prior to my matriculation through donations, volunteering and mentoring, that allowed me to receive a superb education, graduate without the financial burden that others experience, and enjoy a wonderful career and personal life. Giving back to UMass Med in the same fashion as my past colleagues is the least that I can do."
— Elenie Bartzokis, MD '86
For further information please contact:
Alumni Relations Office